Pharaoh Ramses II

 After venturing in the desert for miles and miles I hear what sounds like war and proceed in the direction of the clash. To my surprise, I see thousands of Soldiers fighting one man wearing some kind of royal armor. I stood my distance and just watched. This man totally defended himself and the army of men retreated to what looked like Ancient Egypt. I thought they were Egyptians, but they were actually a Hittite army and they were plundering a distracted Egypt. Then the brave man appeared and managed to create a treaty with the prince of the Hittites. This brought great peace to Egpyt and this is where I finally got to do my studying. I learned that this brave man was none other than Pharaoh Ramses II. I made sure I was wearing an outfit to blend into this time period and it worked. Ramses II did not suspect a thing. He welcomed me and showed me around his great land and even gave me access to various closed-off sections. All the common people respected him and he always had a band of scribes, officials, and/or Soldiers surrounding him at all times. I got to see how he really lived and I can tell you from first-hand experience that he is brave and knows how to rule a nation. He would praise the Sun God Ra in the morning and defeat armies by night. One of the most remarkable things he did was instruct the building of The Great Temple at Abu Simel (will talk more about this later in the blog).  One thing that was weird however was I would often find him inscribing his own name on statues that do not represent him at all. This shows one side of him that does not get talked about anywhere. Nevertheless, He was a very strong ruler that would definitely leave an impression on Egypt for many years.      




Comments